After our long and very full weekend, Monday has already come and gone. Since Sunday’s are pretty quiet, we took advantage to catch up on some sleep. I work up around 8:30am and Paul was very hard to get up this morning. We headed to breakfast in our hotel as it is included. We’ve been having lots of fruit for breakfast lately and fresh squeezed orange juice.

We took the cable car to Lombard Street.. we walked down and then we walked up! There are 2 sides to walk up or down. One is twisty and one goes straight. It must be amazing living there. We saw 2 locals leave. They both looked excited to just be there as tourists were fascinated by what they saw.

After Lombard we walked down a steep hill where I almost killed myself. All of SF’s sidewalks aren’t really treacherous as each concrete slab is in great shape, well aligned, no jutting corners and even some stairs on sidewalks, except this one that I didn’t look at. I looked down every time we went down a hill so I wouldn’t have an accident and I was feeling more comfortable. I was looking at some flowers and homes and bam! I stepped off a concrete slab that was a little off. I didn’t fall but omg, my left leg bothered me the rest of today. We figured we’d get to Van Ness to get a cab (as the bus system is complicated). Major intersection and we only saw 2 cabs. We found the bus stop (killed 30 minutes doing all this). We went to their City Hall, arts around the area and saw the painted ladies! We went to the Alamo Park which was gorgeous. Dogs playing, children on the other side in their playground and the bathrooms I saw everywhere are nice looking with flowers and shrubbery. We then tried to check out Japantown before we did our Alcatraz Tour. We weren’t that hungry but we atleast got to see some of it. We got a cab to take over to the Pier for Alcatraz!!!

It was soooo warm today but as we found out, the bay was freezing. We went to the top deck to check out the whole bay and froze our butts off. I’d say it was in the 40s. We dressed okay but we could have had a jacket. Alcatraz is the weirdest place. The audio tour was great (although during 2 spots I got lost and one row of cells isn’t #ed). We got some post cards to send to our families, took some pictures and just learned so much. I really enjoyed it but wish we got more pictures. OOO one of the children of a guard who lived on the island came today for a book signing. I wasn’t that interested but it was still very neat!

When we got back from Alcatraz we took the F train to the Ferry Building for something to eat (last time we ate was about 10 am and it was now almost 5pm). The F train sucked. It jerked a whole lot and I almost killed 2 girls when I didn’t grab a pole in time! Ooops. We went to the Ferry Building and since we didn’t know much about it, we thought there were 2 levels. I was hungry so I got bitchy with Paul. We went to Taylor’s. I had a cheeseburger, sweet potato fries with a glass of red wine made by the owner of Taylor’s. Paul had fish tacos and onion rings with some kind of local beer (steamer?). Ferry Building’s inner restaurants without outside entrances closed at 6pm (geez, so early). We went to Caio Bella for gelato . I had pear sorbet with green tea gelato. I liked the combination. We then rushed to find the chocolate place I heard about for fleur de sel caramels. I also bought a combination box to try out later.

We returned to the hotel to freshen up and change. We had to get shopping. Paul needed a jacket for dinner tomorrow night as well as some new cologne and shoes. We only got as far as the jacket and cologne. He picked up a Oscar De La Renta that was a bit too large for him. We found out from the gentleman who helped us with the jacket of a tailor right across the way who was actually still opened at quarter to 9pm. He’s the only guy downtown apparently too! Paul is getting his sleeves taken up and if there is time, get the jacket taken in at the shoulders. It was actually cheaper than my mom’s seamstress! Interesting time shopping tonight. Macy’s has 2 buildings, one for women and one for men. Ridiculous.
We’re going back tomorrow to pick up the jacket, get me some new socks, maybe pick up a charm at World of Charms (I want a cable car charm). I also really want to try and get my hair done. We’ll be having our anniversary dinner at Chez Spencer tomorrow night. 3 years!!!!

I forgot to mention that in the middle of this blog, Paul went out to try In-n-Out burger. The fries are physically yellow, the burgers are physically very thin (which is obviously why they have double and triple sizes) and the chocolate milkshake was better than some other varieties (burger king/mcdonalds). Fries were average and we’ve had better burgers. The buger, fries, chocolate shake and diet coke were freakin’ $5.24 LOL. Cheapest place by far for what you get. Also, they come wrapped differently. The burger came wrapped 3/4 of the way up in heavier paper and the fries were in those paper basket things. Weirdest was the color of the fries LOL. Otherwise, good snack.

So that was our day. I think tomorrow besides shopping we’ll take a Trolley Tour or GoCar tour as well as try Citizen Cake!!!!! We may also hit up a more posh bar after dinner as we’ll be dressed very well (Jones dress, Steve madden peep toes for me). Our budget is going VERY well. I thought we’d really blow it but even after spending over $50 just on chocolate, we’re doing well ($80 total with Ghiradelli lol).

Thank you everyone for your comments and texts!

O and Tony, our flight was on time from leaving Philly… we just sat for a loooong time on the runway leaving. We still got to SF on time b/c we had a tail wind!!